Match Night Arrangements
There are a number of matches recently that have finished much later than 10.30pm. This is the time we have agreed with the Parish Council, our landlords, that we would finish and vacate the premises in order not to annoy our neighbours. In addition:
- We have many juniors playing and they should be finished as early as possible as the following day is a school day and they need their sleep.
- Someone has to lock up and they do not appreciate having to hang around whilst teams finish their matches late.
- All players should be present by 7.15pm, if at all possible, and captains should be present by 7pm to help set up.
- Prematch knock-ups should be limited. Umpires should be in place asap so that knock-ups between games can be kept to one minute.
- Matches should start as soon as possible after 7.15pm as soon as one member of the opposition is present.
- Finally, if an adjacent match has ended but yours is delayed you should play on two tables in order to finish in good time.
Please help in setting up your playing space; table, net, scoring table, chairs and dividers. There are match nets in the box marked as such in the store. These are new and are specifically for use in matches so please replace them in that box after matches. They should not be used for open sessions or coaching.
Don't forget to put all this equipment away at the end of the match, as quietly as you to not disturb unfinished matches.
There is a broom in the Club’s store which you can use to keep the floor around the table clear of debris. Please replace it in the store after use.
Refreshments should always be offered, and should not delay play.
If you want to brew up for the players in your match, there are facilities in the Kitchen. The Club has equipment in the first cupboard on the right. There is a fridge as well. However, you need to bring your own tea, coffee, milk, sugar and biscuits.
Please note that there is a no-alcohol policy for all matches at the Pavilion.
Please remember that there are other teams playing so keep inter-game chat to reasonable noise levels.
Teams playing on Mon/Wed match nights can knock-up and play matches on a spare table, if there is one, especially if it helps the matches end in good time.
However, players not involved in the matches should not practise on spare tables. (This practice was reviewed, and the committee thought that the practicing had been disruptive for the matches.)